- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (MST)
- Food and Beverage
- Sylacauga, AL, USA
- Part Time
Ensure that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage services to restaurant customers. Strives to model the Pursell Farms core values in the completion of their work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Greet and take food and drink orders from restaurant customers, serving the orders and accommodating special needs/requests. Remains attentive to the customers throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times.
- Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing side-work as instructed.
- Memorize menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendation to customers.
- Maintain cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait- station, and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy state and local health board requirements.
- Control allocated guest checks by following established check-use procedures and legibly documenting all required information as the customer's order is taken and processed.
- Receive proper payment from guest and ensures accuracy of guest check and method of payment in order to safeguard customer and company.
- Attend all pre-meal and departmental meetings in person in order to enhance communications and gain knowledge of products, service and facility.
- Respond to customer inquiries and comments in person and on phone by providing timely and knowledgeable information in order to provide quality customer service.
- Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times. Able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Three - Six months in a food/beverage services environment or establishment.