- 23-Mar-2017 to 22-May-2017 (MST)
- Golf Maintenance
- Sylacauga, AL, USA
- $10.00 to $11.00 per experience
- Full Time
Responsible to make both major and minor repairs on a variety of gas and diesel engines and electrical equipment. Maintain all equipment in efficient, operable condition at all times. Work closely with team members to repair any outstanding problems and to make sure all equipment is checked and repaired in accordance with maintenance schedules. Strives to model the Pursell Farms core values in the completion of their work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Report to the Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) or the Assistant Superintendent to confirm work assignments and communicate any needs or concerns regarding assignment
- Communicate with other Equipment Mechanic(s) to identify tasks and set priorities each day
- Purchase and inventory parts per purchase order protocol and with proper signatures. On occasion may obtain a verbal permission by the GCS or his designee
- Complete a Preventative Maintenance Log for all equipment owned and leased by Pursell Farms and Farmlinks LLC
- Maintain an organized, safe and clean workplace in and around the Mechanic Shop
- Communicate with the Golf Course Superintendent and the Landscape Superintendent any needs concerning equipment breakdowns or maintenance needed. Whenever possible discuss ahead of time so that equipment repair and maintenance can be scheduled.
- Spot check mowers while in operation on the golf course and make emergency repairs as needed. Schedule time each morning to be on the Golf Course evaluating mowers, quality of cut and any issues. This is especially urgent during our busiest months.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair any and all property such as fans, mowers, tractors, golf carts, and vehicles owned or leased by Pursell Farms and Farmlinks LLC
- Review and prioritize all equipment repairs (GCM and LSM come first)
- During the time period of April 1 through September 30th technician will be responsible for working weekends. Weekend work will be rotated between Equipment Mechanics. During assigned work weekend, you will need to be present on Saturday from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM. You will also be on call/as needed for Sunday from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM. For the weekend scheduled off, the technician will be scheduled to leave work at 12:00PM on Friday.
- Company issued cell phones must be on from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily, unless it is your weekend off.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate or equivalent GED preferred.
- Trade school training as a small engine mechanic preferred
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify, assess and repair or maintain a variety of complex equipment related to the maintenance of the golf course.
- Ability to interact and communicate with co-workers, managers and other team members to successful perform the daily assignment.